Sunday, August 1, 2010

a list about how I am going to write more lists

Well...remember when I said I was going to get myself back into blogging last month? That certainly went well...

But anyway, it's time to let bygones be bygones and move on to August! I love August! July is sort of like no man's land but August is, pure, sticky, sweaty summer, and you enjoy every second of it because September has become visible on the horizon. I meant to start this month off with a sensationally witty, well written post...but then I had one of the most ridiculous night's out that I can ever remember and woke up at about noon feeling like I might literally die. I've recovered a bit since then, although I will never recover the brain cells I murdered, but I'm still hung over and sunburned and certainly not on my A game. Sorry. Better luck tomorrow? Here's a random list about what I have going on in my life in August.
  •  My aunt Megan will be here tomorrow for a month long visit! Meg lives in London and I don't see her nearly often enough so this is very, very, exciting. This also means that I get to see her little boy, my baby cousin, Oliver, for the first time since March. He's only ten months old so just imagine how different he'll be! Skype & Facebook are not efficient for keeping up with all of his baby- changes and growth and I don't like it. 
  • Guys...I'm buying a car. My very own car that I can drive whenever and wherever I want. Just saying (well, typing) those words makes me feel very grown up.
  • I went on a complete SPREE at Wal Mart yesterday and took home fifty dollars worth of stylish, quality garments from the Miley Cyrus line. I'm not even being sarcastic, her stuff is really damn cute. Got a pair of black jeans that make my butt look nice for SEVEN DOLLARS! That, my friends, is why I love America. Tawainese children may have slaved over those pants until their fingers fell off but I'll be damned if that's gonna stop me from celebrating that fabulous bargain. And I am going to wear the shit out of those pants and look good doing it. Among the rest of my loot was a zebra print bikini. Yup, you read that right. The more I shop from this clothing line the more I think Miley and I could be best friends. I mean, she was also responsible for these which are indeed blue leopard print leggings. And, just in case you were wondering, I did purchase those because they looked like something Mimi Marquez might wear. And I do tell people that whenever I deem it socially appropriate to wear them. Which, amazingly, has been several times.
  • For whatever reason I have been listening to On to the Next One - Jay - Z featuring Swiz Beats like it's my job. That's a mo' effin jam.
  • Emily and I layed out all afternoon and now I'm sunstroked and overheated BUT the tan lines on my neck/chest are a little more pronounced and I won't say that I don't like that.
  • So, like, ummmm I have a life plan now. So, I flaked out on college last year. The school wasn't for me, true, but I'd be lying if I said I gave it the effort/chance it deserved. I let a lot of outside stuff and my own general craziness get in the way of succeeding, but no more. I'm going to work insanely hard to get all the credits I need to leave community college with an associate's degree by the end of the year and then transfer to UMass where I will continue my hard work and double major in Communications and Sociology and possibly minor in Writing as well (that might be biting off more than I can chew, though, and I really do hate overachievers.) I want to write a whole post on all this so I won't go on and on like I do about everything, but I'm really excited. I think I can do this, and I think it's going to be good.
  • Ummmm it's almost time for True Blood. PRAISEHOSANAH!



Well, well, well, that's all lovers.
BUT I'LL BE BACK TOMORROW MWAAHAHAHAHA!!
oh my god. What am I. I need to go to bed right now, I've lost it. Bye.

listfully yours,
xoxo tess

No comments:

Post a Comment