Sunday, August 15, 2010

a list of good things and bad things

Good stuff and Bad stuff! Ready? OKAY!
  • A good thing about  my job: I spent the better part of an hour this evening helping an absolutely lovely eleven year old girl pick out the a Halloween costume. We settled on the one that we both loved for it's similarity to a dress Danielle wears in Ever After. She made the reference even before I did. Smart kid, and she looked precious as hell in her lady-of-the-court finery.
  • A bad thing about my job: I walked out the door tonight humming a TOBY KEITH SONG. What? I had to blast The Blueprint the entire way home to just to cleanse my musical palate and try and preserve what is left of my street cred.  JOV heals all.*
  •  A good thing about my eating today: I had a bacon at breakfast AND an ice cream sandwich just now for a post seven hours at the Cracker Barrel pick me up.
  • A bad thing about my eating today: I had bacon at breakfast AND an ice cream sandwich just now for a post seven hours at the Cracker Barrel pick me up.
    A good thing about going to Providence last night: I got to see my friend Katie who I lovelovelovelovelove and who I desperately miss when we're forced to be separated by silly things like living 3 hours away from each other. And we had a lot of fun.
  • A bad thing about going to Providence last night: We were only together for one night, and while it was really great, I just miss her even more now and am more or less counting the seconds until we can hang out again.  I feel like the friends I am away from are always the ones  I need and want to be around the most. That's probably just me being difficult, but I do notice that.
  • A good thing about the fact that I now have 2 jobs: I am going to be making BANK.
  • A bad thing about the fact that I now have 2 jobs: I have no time for a life that involves anything other than pleasin' people at the crack or washing test tubes at HCC. Also the fact that I have to be at one job from 8 am to eleven tomorrow...and then be straight to the next one for noon. Bleh.
  • A good thing about being stuck using a really destroyed, old RAZR: I have zero qualms about inflicting even further abuse onto it on a fairly regular basis.
  • A bad thing about being stuck using a really destroyed, old RAZR: I have zero qualms about inflicting even further abuse onto it on a fairly regular basis.
  • A good thing about being at home this school year: His school is just ten minutes away.
  • A bad thing about being at home this school year: His school is just ten minutes away.**
  • A good thing about diet coke: everything. duh.
  • A bad thing about Diet Coke: nothing, duh.
 listfully yours.
xo tess
*Not to worry, I am still very, very hood. Phew.
** Ooh, vague, evasive, suggestive of scandal & intrigue? Meh, not really. Not all that intriguing, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment