Tuesday, August 3, 2010

a list of questions about Harry Potter

This is not really a list.
This is also not really a blog.
This, my friends, is what the french call "Le Cop-out" *
This is also a Harry Potter survey. Enjoy.


1. If you went to Hogwarts, which house would you be sorted in? I'd like to say Gryffindor but I don't know, probably Raveclaw, which would be okay.

2. Have you ever been to a Harry Potter midnight release? Oh yes. Midnight Harry Potter releases are my favorite ever and I miss them. I went to the midnight release of every book from Goblet of Fire on. At the Deathly Hallows release the store was so packed that they had to shut off the escalators and tell people to climb them back up to the second level because there was literally no room for them to get off at the bottom, and a woman fell on her face climbing back up and my sister and I, because we are terrible people, have yet to stop talking about it. But trust me, it was hysterical.

3. What did you think of Deathly Hallows? Beautiful, heartbreaking, mostly fulfilling, painful, wonderful, the end of an era.

 4. How many times have you reread the books? I've reread Half Blood Prince probably a dozen times. The rest maybe two or three times all the way through, but I've gone back to certain segments of all the various books many, many times.

5. Whose death was the saddest? Dumbledore. Snape. Hedwig. Tonks and Remus. Cedric Diggory, particularly his parents' reaction. Freddddd :( I also really lost it over the scene when Charity Burbage is murdered at the Malfoy's home in the beginning of Deathly Hallows. Not because I had any particular attachment to her but just because it was such a horrific scene and because Draco was so upset watching it... I cried the most over Snape, I think.

 6. If you went to Hogwarts, would you rather have a pet owl, cat, or rat? An owl, obviously.

7. What did you think of the movie Half-Blood Prince? It was great. The best of the movies, aside maybe from Sorcerer's Stone, which I love because I think it was the most visually true to the way I envision these books, and because the actors were so. freaking. perfect. in their roles when they were younger. (Not that they aren't good in their parts now, they are, but physically they were just so spot on as eleven year olds.)

 8. What do you think of Deathly Hallows being split in half? It's a great decision because there is just so much plot and I'd like them to keep as much in the film as possible. That being said, I don't know what I am going to do with myself when the first film is over and I have to wait months for the second half.


9. Have you read The Tales of Beedle the Bard? Yup! I greedily eat up anything HP related.

10. When did you first become a Harry Potter fan? I read the Sorcerer's Stone in about two days when I was seven years old and when it ended I went into a desperate frenzy and dragged my mother to the bookstore to find the second one, which thankfully had just been released that summer. It's been an important part of my life everyday since.

Favourites

Female Character? Luna Luna Luna Luna <3

Male Character? Snape, Draco, Lupin, Hagrid, Fred & George. Dean Thomas for being hot.

Professor? SNAPE. with McGonagall as a close second.

Death Eater? Bella-ella-ella ey ey.

Magical Creature? Hippogriffs!

Spell? Expecto Patronum.

Quote? "He must have known I'd want to leave you." "No, he must have known you would always want to come back." <3

Book? Half Blood Prince.

Movie? Half Blood Prince, so far.

Hogwarts House? Gryffindor!

Place? Hogwarts.

Weasley? I love 'em all.

Couple? Ron and Hermione. Duh.


This or That
Gryffindor or Slytherin? Gryffindor.

Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff? Ravenclaw.

Fred or George? YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHOOOOSE.

Ginny or Luna? Luna!

Butterbeer or Firewhiskey? Butterbeer

Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley? Diagon Alley.

Books or Movies? Books.

Half-Blood Prince or Deathly Hallows? Eek. I say that Half-Blood is my favorite of the books, and it is, it really is, but it's hard to choose anything over Deathly Hallows. So I plead the fifth.

Sorcerer’s Stone or Chamber of Secrets? Chamber of Secrets. I loved Sorcerer's Stone but I LOVED Chamber of Secrets. That book sealed my fate as a Harry Potter fan.

Snape or Slughorn? Snaaaaape

Lupin or Sirius? Lupin. But I heart Sirius, too.

Harry/Ginny or Harry/Hermione? Harry/Ginny. I don't even really care about that pairing and I don't love Ginny but never Harry/Hermione. Never.

Lavender Brown or Parvati Patil? Parvati


Seamus Finnigan or Dean Thomas? Dean Thomas! Hot.

Kreacher or Dobby? Dobby

Muggleborn or Pureblood? "Mudblood, and proud of it!"

Dan Radcliffe or Rupert Grint? Tom Felton.

Bellatrix Lestrange or Narcissa Malfoy? Bellatrix.

Voldemort or Tom Riddle? Tom Riddle was dreamy.

Hedwig or Crookshanks? Hedwig <3


*didja see that thinly veiled Home Alone reference?( "you are what the French call "les incompetent" )Oh, Macaulay.**
** I just had to use Google to figure out the correct spelling of Macaulay.

Happy Tuesday!
listfully yours,
xoxo tess

No comments:

Post a Comment