Monday, April 19, 2010

a list of zero importance to anyone

I am currently sporting blue leopard print leggings (very Mimi Marquez!), a giant bruins hoodie, and pig tails. Lookin' goooood. It's been a long, lazy sort of day, just hanging around my house not doing much of anything other than attacking the massive mound of laundry I brought home from school and continuing to work on arranging all of the books, dvds, and the like that I packed up and moved out of my dorm room on friday into their proper position in my room. I'm way too excited to have my room back the way I like it, without having all of my things in all different places. I have to say, I am beyond thrilled at the prospect of leaving and not going back (except to visit my lovelies!!!) I'm not going to miss anything other than the awesome friends I've made, and since I plan on seeing them so often they're sick of looking at my face, that won't be a problem. I don't know exactly what the next phase of my life is going to be, but I am excited for it. Part of me wishes I didn't have to go back to school tomorrow, or at all, but I'll get to have lots of play time with my girlies before what I know will be a melodramatic goodbye, so it's worth waiting a few more weeks to be done there for good.

The following is just, I don't know...some stuff:
  • I bought a new nail polish* yesterday which I am IN LOVE with. It's called Jade is the New Black by OPI and it's rad. it's a massively pretty sort of soft, creamy green that I am enjoying very much. I painted my nails with it last night and used two coats, and I think tomorrow I'm probably take it off and repaint with just one coat (plus top coat) to see what it looks like.
  • I've spent the last two hours sitting on a yoga ball in front of this computer watching The Battery's Down. It is an amazingly funny webshow about trying to make it as an actor in New York that everyone, but especially musical theatre geeks like myself, should check out. Jake Wilson is a genius. These are my people. It's glorious. Go watch right now.
  • also, please google Very Mary-Kate. another fantastic web series. The episodes are super short, but amazingly jampacked with hilariousness.
  • I want to grow my hair over the summer so that I can hack it all off right before school starts and feel like a whole new woman.
  • I think that my obsession with David Foster Wallace has taken a turn towards the creepy and inappropriate end of the spectrum. You know...because he killed himself. And I love everything about him, particularly how completely unhappy he was. His unhappiness was such a part of his genius!
  • I want to be a youtube star. I may start a vlog/webseries? Hahah...probably not.
  • I invested like a half of an hour of my life today to finding the right image of a NYC subway map to use as my twitter background. I'm really doing a lot with myself...
  • I watched two episodes of US of Tara this morning. What the EFF is going on? I am really unhappy about the Buck storyline right now. (p.s: when did Joey Lauren Adams get so, well to be frank, old and haggard looking? She's been one of Hollywood's go to best friends for years, but with a face like that she won't be. Where did the cute girl from Big Daddy go?) I already love Shoshanna, though. Any Tara fans?
  • I visited Alyssa at Smith last night which was lovely. I've missed that little lady, even though she did dare to state, in the presence of the world's biggest (only) Lindsay Lohan fan, that she thinks my girl LiLo will be dead by the end of the year. Rude.
  • We're going to dye Kelly's hair with blue koolaid at school this week, because that is the kind of serious intellectual pursuits we dedicate our time to. I'm pumped.
  • I'm ready for school to be overoverover.
  • I have decided to make an active effort to be more outgoing, more of a go getter, and more of a people person.
  • I also decided to make an active effort to watch all six Saw films in a row.
  • Recently I have been listening to only the Rent songs that mainly center around and feature Angel and Collins. Like, I've probably listened to You Okay, Honey? , I'll Cover You, Santa Fe, I'll Cover You (reprise), and Halloween liiiiike, 100 times today. problems.
  • I applied for a job at Cumberland Farms today. Hah.
you're lovely. but not as lovely as this.

listfully yours,
xoxo tess


*shocking, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment