Tuesday, April 20, 2010

a list about Glee!!

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!!!

I have no words for how much I loved tonight's episode of Glee. * It was so absolutely wonderful that I am still walking on a high from it's fabulousity, I thought I'd jot down a list of reasons this particular episode was so great.
  • Any episode that opens with Sue's journaling is bound for greatness. "Madonna. Just saying the world makes me feel powerful." Perfect, setting the tone for a top notch episode.
  • I am eating up the Jesse St. James storyline with a spoon, and not just because I went into it predisposed to loving everything that Jonathan Groff does. He is doing such a fantastic job with this character so far, and his natural sweetness and charisma really shine through, because otherwise, Jesse would be a total skeez. With adorable Groffy at the reins, you can't help but find him dreamy, even as he's screwing over our darling Rachel.
  • There is literally no critique of Glee that you could throw at me that I'll find any merit in. I'm not saying it's perfect, but I just think it's such a precious little show, such a fun, campy, joyful creation, that little writing problems or various nitpicking issues that I would normally have with any show I watch just don't apply here for me. I think Glee is best when you just enjoy it, accept the campiness and just let it all wash over you. That's the way I like to watch, and the way I will continue to watch. Glee makes me really happy and I'm done trying to justify that to people. (aaaand that concludes this mini rant)
  • Because I'm starting to pretty seriously ship Jesse/Rachel, if only to keep Jon around longer.
  • Kurt's portion of "Like A Prayer" was one of the most wonderful things I have ever heard in my life.
  • Brittany continues to be given the absolute best lines I have ever heard. And she kills it every single time. Love that girl. On a show where I could complain about the writing QUITE A BIT, whoever is writing for Brittany is a true stand out. (actually, all the dialogue is pretty great, the story lines could just use some tightening)
  • "Mercedes is black. I'm gay. We make a culture." YES YES YES
  • I thought the Borderline/Open Your Heart mashup was a little forced and corny (but still cute) and I found myself paying more attention to the various Madonna costume clad students that were hanging around in the halls than to Rachel and Finn as they did their signature skip around while singing inches from eachother's faces. They kind of bore me. They're adorable and I guess I want them together but I don't know...I really really love Rachel (a rare opinion, I know) and I just think she can do better than that dumb, though darling, lug.
  • Because I was fangirling over Groff and Lea during "Like a Virgin." Embarrassing? Yup. Do I care? Not at all.
  • LEA'S VOCALS AT THE OPENING OF LIKE A PRAYER!!! Oh my lord. This girl never ceases to amaze me. Her voice is always frighteningly close to perfection but this first verse was sinfully beautiful.
  • My crush on Artie is ridiculous.
  • This episode was way too showy and flashy for my personal taste, not enough heart, and not my favorite episode by any means, but it was still kind of wonderful in it's own ways, and SO much better than last week's atrocity. Mr. Shue was way less of a douche this week.
  • This show just warms my little theatre nerd heart, okay?! JUST LET ME HAVE THIS.


listfully yours,
xoxo tess


*lies, clearly all lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment