Monday, January 18, 2010

a list of thoughts about the golden globe awards

My first thought is just WTF? I mean really, this entire show was once giant hot mess. I'm really annoyed, actually, so I don't want to get too into it, but here's a random assortment about my feelings on this little event.

  • Guiliana Rancic. What are you doing with your life? Seriously, did anyone watch her on the red carpet? She's always ridiculous and makes Ryan Seacrest look like a serious journalist, but this was was terrible (entertaining, but terrible.) She was screaming at George Clooney, asking Sandra Bullock about her sex life, and generally being complete chaos. Clearly girl needed to lay off the champagne.
  • I feel like I'm the only one who didn't find Mo'Nique's speech moving. I was just embarrassed and wanted it to be over. I was happy for her for winning...but, come on.
  • KATHRYN BIGELOW WAS ROBBED. This upset me more than I can express. She should have won. Everyone thinks so, including James Cameron. I was violently offended by her loss. wrong wrong wrong wrong. The academy better set things straight, that's all I have to say.
  • Avatar is gross and weird and did not deserve Best Picture. I had my fingers crossed chanting "Anything but Avatar! Anything but Avatar! Anything Avatar!" while waiting for them to call the winner, but alas, I did not get my way.
  • I was really really really really happy for Jeff Bridges :)
  • Lea Michele looked beautiful, and was my personal pick to win Best Actress in a tv comedy or musical, but I think Toni Collete is fantastic and very deserving as well.
  • 30 Rock is still the best comedy of TV, but that's not stopping me from being absolutely THRILLED to see the Glee kids take home the win! Tina & co are awesome, and they know it. There's nothing wrong with sharing the love with this awesome group of Gleeks.
  • I was pulling for Stanley Tucci :( He's wonderful and did amazing work in The Lovely Bones.
  • I loved Tina Fey's dress. Why did no one else like it?
  • I really don't understand why Chace Crawford was even there, but he looked too pretty for me to really complain.
  • Just seeing Kate Winslet up on stage presenting elevated the night for me. She's just wonderful. Favorite human.
  • I need to stress again that Kathryn Bigelow is an amazingly talented, brilliant, visionary of a director, as well as being a smart, beautiful, classy woman, and I admire her so much. She did breathtaking work on The Hurt Locker, which I think is one of the most important and best movies I have seen in years (it ranks up there with Milk for me, in terms of recent films that I truly loved/was in awe of) She absolutely deserved to win best director. end of story.
that'll about do it. my stomach is really hurting :/

listfully yours,
xo tess

No comments:

Post a Comment