Saturday, November 20, 2010

a list of little things I love

  • acoustic covers of hip hop songs.
  • the feeling of cold air hitting hot, wet lips after kissing outside.
  • when you put some sort of extra effort into your appearance and somebody, anybody, notices and makes a point of saying so.
  • weird youtubers who I can imagine myself being friends with and doing weird things with. "doing weird things with" that sounds creepier/pervier than what I actually intended. I just mean that, I am a weird girl, and I do strange things to amuse myself, and that certain youtubers seem like they would be amused my similarly strange things. I don't lnow.
  • people who laugh when I make that's what she said jokes.
  • evening naps.
  • bizarre tumblr memes.
  • the rare and glorious occasions where one can procure some cotton candy.
  • shoes that don't make my feet look monstrously long.
  • owl jewelry like this and this. (both of which are a part of my creepy-owl-lady collection)
  • meeting people who are at least just as weird as I am.
  • the way my Van lo-pros fit my feet just perfectly.
  • when you don't need to say it, because they know.
  • anytime I have the option of choosing for something to be green.
  • going out to breakfast.
  • aimless vlogs.
  • smoldering eye-contact, but also sweetly awkward, affectionate eye contact.
  • when my hair dries in nice curls rather than a wild mane of craziness.
  • free samples.
  • moments of stillness.
  • the Starbucks holiday cups.
  • friendship bracelets.
  • book smell.
  • impromptu dancing.
  • ankle boots.
  • new nail polish.
  • natural highlights.
  • films intended for children.
  • people who give up their seat on the train/bus to someone more deserving.
  • the quiet anonymity of public transportation.
  • my hot pink body pillow.
  • people who will talk to me in the dark until I fall asleep.
  • any opportunity for a that's what she said joke.
  • being alone in a public restroom.
  • getting to the coffee cart at school at JUST the right time so that I get a newly brewed cup of the toxic sludge they serve there, which although still vile is infinitely better than the lukewarm sludge I force down otherwise.
  • the fact that I am on a first name basis with every single employee at the local 7-11.
  • sweater weather.
  • photographs that capture genuine laughter.
  • friends who still like me despite my soft spot for rape jokes.
  • fleece blankets.
  • McDonalds vanilla ice-cream cones.
  • artificially colored carnations.
  • moments of serendipitous beauty.
  • freshly sharpened pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment