Saturday, March 13, 2010

a list written in Holyoke

I'm hoooooooooome!

I have nothing of real interest to report, but I'm back home in Holyoke for spring break so I figured I might as well say a quick hello.
  • I'm so happy to have a week off from school right now. This vacation has come at the absolute moment when I needed it the very most. I am burrrrrnt out. I am so so looking forward to a week of relaxation, marathon barnes and noble trips, Glee nights with my best friends, and a little bit of craziness here and there.
  • That being said, I'm already a little bit annoyed with my family. Ugh. Must work on my temper!
  • I have been listening to the HAIR Broadway revival cast recording incessantly lately and bemoaning the fact that I never made it to see this cast perform on Broadway. I have to have to have to see Gavin Creel and Will Swenson as Claude and Berger. have to! Lucky for me, I have connections across the pond, which is where the entire original cast of this revilal is headed know, to produce the show for the West End, and so that's just another really great reason to go visit Megan in London as soon as humanly possible!
  • And speaking of Meg (my aunt,) she and my adorable tiny baby cousin Oliver will be home for a visit on Monday. can't waitttttttt.
  • Next weekend is St. Patrick's Day parade weekend in Holyoke. My city has a gigantic St paddy's day parade every year, second only to NYC, and it is absolutely insanity. The entire city explodes into one giant, green, drunken party for the whole weekend. It's 72 hours of complete debauchery, and I would never miss it for the world. I have two friends from school coming down on Friday to join in on the festivities. I will report on Monday as to how they manage.
  • I am wearing really cozy socks right now.
  • I'm currently (well not really currently as in at this moment, but recently I have been) rereading White Teeth by Zadie Smith. It's not even my favorite of her three novels (in fact I prefer her collections of essays to all of the books) yet it's completely amazing. I recommend wholeheartedly that everyone in the world read absolutely every word this woman writes. She is incredible.
  • Hands up if you're excited for Glee to come back?!?!?!?!!!! Doesn't matter whether anyone else is really, I think I'm excited enough for everyone.

That'll be all because I'm going to go watch Toy Story and Toy Story 2 with my sister and my cat. I'm cool.

listfully yours,

xoxo tess

No comments:

Post a Comment